Friday 27 February 2009

Do you have a flag?

I decided to go against my better judgment and put the flags on the back of the Seneschal. The steps required to do so were many and complicated, but the main points were:

1. Drill (1mm drill bit) into the shoulder blades of the model.
2. Cut the pewter tabs off the base of the flags.
3. Incise a cross into the place where the tabs have been removed.
4. Drill carefully into base of the flag.
5. Lose patience with the amount of time the careful drilling is taking.
6. Push hard on the drill.
7. Drill through the miniature and into the thumb holding it.
8. Resolve to go back to clamping pieces before you drill.


Here is the culprit
Exemplar Seneschal


Here is the innocent victim
Drilled Thumb

No flag no country!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Eddie Izzard is really bloody funny :) "Do you have a flag? No flag, no country!"

2) I have lost count of the amount of times I have hurt myself that can be linked to me losing my patience. It's also a surefire way for me to break stuff - usually, other people's. In short, I sympathise. Sorry you drilled into your finger! (They should make hallmark cards with things like that on them ... )

Skirza said...

You could make those cards Michelle.
All you would need is a place you could go that has lots of card stock and the ability to assemble and cut card accurately. I don't know ehere you would find a place like that though.

Anonymous said...

Heh, indeed :p